Yesterday we were on BBC Radio 5 Live talking about how to deal with divorce, both practically and emotionally speaking.
Our founder and Relationship Expert, Sarah Louise Ryan, spoke about how as a couple in a long-term relationship, specifically in a marriage and especially if you met at a young age, you either work together and grow together or it may be the case that you subconsciously grow apart.
We talked with 5 Live about prenups, post-nups, remaing friends after divorce and most importantly how to navigate this really important shift from significant other to being a solo.
Here's a rundown of some of the things discussed.
- get your finances in order
- get a mediator to help you through if it’s not amicable - especially if there are children involved
- Get a lawyer involved
- Remember that your lawyer is not your therapist.
- it’s important not to place the blame game
- you have to remember to practise the art of letting go - however that looks
- practising a lot of self-care. It's not selfish. It's essential
For advice about divorce, breakups or how to deal with heartbreak get in touch here for Love Lessons Sessions.